[phenixbb] obtaining f'/f'' from solved structures and comparison to a fluorescence scan

Francis E Reyes Francis.Reyes at Colorado.EDU
Wed Apr 20 08:03:14 PDT 2011

Hi phenixer's

I'm in need of reliable f'/f'' for my heavy atom  (that isn't Sasaki
tables which I believe is for free, unbound atoms). I've used
group_anomalous in phenix.refine before so I'm sure a phenix utility
is capable of extracting it.

I wanted to if it's possible to extract it from several solved
structures (I have the DANO/SIGDANO, F(+)/F(-), or if needed the
original I(+)/I(-))

I'm curious to see if there's wide variation and whether it'd be as
reliable (or even better) than actually taking a fluorescence scan
(and of course use the values for my current phasing challenge as a
starting point).

Francis E. Reyes M.Sc.
215 UCB
University of Colorado at Boulder