[phenixbb] Minor map-definition bug in 1.7 GUI

Nathaniel Echols nechols at lbl.gov
Mon Apr 4 10:13:06 PDT 2011

On Mon, Apr 4, 2011 at 7:48 AM, Joe Krahn <krahn at niehs.nih.gov> wrote:
> The new GUI has "---" in the list of map types for phenix.refine. Users
> expect this to mean "don't use map definition". I think there was previously
> a blank menu entry that worked this way. Instead, it is written to the .def
> file, and the job gives an error, but otherwise works OK.

The "---" replaced the blank to compensate for a bug in the 64-bit Mac
version of wxPython 2.9, but the resulting output (.eff file) should
be the same.  There have been some changes to the way map parameters
are validated, which may lead to slightly different behavior.
However, as a general rule, changing the map type to null will not
remove that parameter block unless all other parameters are set to
their default - this is an inherent limitation of the internal
parameter structure.  If it would be more intuitive for the program to
simply skip these maps instead of complaining, that isn't a difficult
change to make, but it's Pavel's program, so I'll let him decide.

-Nat