[phenixbb] adp weighting in phenix.refine

Pavel Afonine pafonine at lbl.gov
Fri Apr 1 12:37:48 PDT 2011

Hi Hailiang,

I mentioned this paper to you yesterday:

"On atomic displacement parameters ..." (
http://www.phenix-online.org/newsletter/CCN_2010_07.pdf )

Sounds like you didn't have chance to have a look at it yet -:)

Both of your questions, this one below and yesterday's, are answered in
the above article!

Actually, what's not explicitly written in that article is the formula
you quoted (my mistake!, although it is in phenix.refine docs):

Etotal = wxu_scale * wxu * Exray + wu * Eadp

which is the refinement target for ADP optimization (similarly to
refinement of coordinates).

All the best!
Pavel.