[phenixbb] question on the weight for adp

fn1 at rice.edu fn1 at rice.edu
Thu Sep 30 12:32:54 PDT 2010

Hi everyone,

I have some questions the weight for adp.

My case is that some part of the model will be refined to large B
values (about 100) if the default value of wxu_scale (1.0) is used.
The other part of the model will have average B value of about 40,
which the wilson B is about 35. The corresponding 2FOFC map has very
poor density for the region with large B values.

If the value of wxu_scale set to be 0.1, that part with large B will
be refined to about 80 for B. The corresponding 2FOFC map has some
better (but not good enough) density for this region.

My question is that can I keep the wxu_scale at the small value for
the refinement? Or finally do I need to loose this value?

Thanks!
Fengyun