[phenixbb] Does Phenix have the library or program to maintain bond angle and bond length to create an extended chain?

Jeff Headd jjheadd at lbl.gov
Mon Sep 27 20:00:39 PDT 2010

Hi Rojan,

Phenix does use a library to restrain geometry, including bond
lengths, angles, and dihedrals.  These restraints are applied by
default during refinement.

I'm not completely sure what you're trying to do, but are you trying
to restrain your working model to the coordinates of another model?
We have a method for that called 'reference_model' that allows you to
submit the coordinates of a related model to your working model which
is used to generate an additional set of dihedral restraints.  You can
read about this method here:
http://www.phenix-online.org/documentation/refinement.htm#anch26

Is this what you are trying to do?

Thanks,