[phenixbb] Ligand restraints editing with REEL

Ralf W. Grosse-Kunstleve rwgk at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 18 08:13:41 PDT 2010

Hi Joe,
Nigel who wrote elbow+reel is traveling so I'll try to help until he gets a
chance to respond.
I very simple suggestion is do manually edit the cif file generated by elbow
before you
pass it to phenix.refine; The cif file format is meant to be human-readable.
Another option is to modify the dihedral definitions in reel and to save the
file without
running the elbow optimizations again. There is nothing wrong with overriding
the
elbow results with your chemical knowledge.
A third idea is to run elbow with the Glutathione from your PDB file as the
input, instead
of using the smiles string. That may give elbow a better start.
If phenix.refine rejects your inputs I'd be interested to see the log file with
the error messages.
If you send me the Glutathione residue from your PDB file (directly; not to
list) I could help more.
Ralf