[phenixbb] 64-bit Snow Leopard support

Felix Frolow mbfrolow at post.tau.ac.il
Wed Sep 15 10:43:05 PDT 2010

Thank you Nat for the wonderful news. I am still working on the high resolution structure (1.3 Angstroms) with ~ 2000 residues. I use Mac only. With 64bit version I will be able to finish it
Some remarks:
a. Leopard is passe due to problems with X11 (probably not related to Phenix), so don't bother. Who knows what cat version is in the barrel of APPLE. It will be out soon (information).
b. Changing versions of Python may brake other applications.
c. thank you for making this brave step to 64bit Mac
d. we will wait ;-)
FF

Dr Felix Frolow
Professor of Structural Biology and Biotechnology
Department of Molecular Microbiology Apple
and Biotechnology
Tel Aviv University 69978, Israel

Acta Crystallographica F, co-editor

e-mail: mbfrolow at post.tau.ac.il