[phenixbb] question on bad geometry

fn1 at rice.edu fn1 at rice.edu
Wed Sep 1 11:12:11 PDT 2010

Thanks for all the suggestions.

I am now checking the model manually. With the "rotamer analysis" in
coot, the plot shows that most of the rotamer outliers are Leu. Is
this the common case that Leu appears as the rotamer outlier most often?

In my model, there is a 20-residue loop region (not metal binding).
The geometry for this region is bad and also there is no obvious
density in 2FOFC-map. The density for this loop only shows up after
density modification in dm.

I'll first try to fix the other parts with clear density.

Thanks everyone for the reply!

Regards,
Fengyun