[phenixbb] Help with custom bond restraints syntax

Pavel Afonine pafonine at lbl.gov
Thu Oct 21 08:52:44 PDT 2010

  Hi Jobi,

I hope Jeff has helped you already. So just as a remark of how you can
quickly debug it...

Just type this from your command line:

phenix.pdb_atom_selection model.pdb "chain S and resid 501 and name C7"

and that will print the lines from PDB file that you have selected with
the above atoms selection syntax.

Similarly do for another one:

phenix.pdb_atom_selection model.pdb "chain A and resid 25 and name SG"

If it doesn't print anything or complaints, that means that either your
atom selection syntax is not right (which is NOT your case since it
appears to me correct), or simply you are trying to select atoms that
are NOT present in your PDB file (empty selection).

Pavel.