[phenixbb] Stretched Maps

Joel Weadge joelweadge at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 20 11:58:45 PDT 2010

Hi all,I have just finished doing molecular replacement and an initial round of refinement (with simulated annealing) on a number of different datasets. They have all be straightforward since most of them are either point mutants and/or co-crystal structures. However, two of the structures are giving me some trouble. The data appears to be of good quality and resolution (2.25 and 2.55Å). The MR proceeds as normal with good scores and then in the subsequent round of refinement the maps (2Fo-Fc and Fo-Fc) look strange. The density is stretched or flattened in one direction. Can anyone help me with what I may be overlooking?Thanks in advanceJW