[phenixbb] Average B-factors when using TLS

Pavel Afonine pafonine at lbl.gov
Wed Oct 13 14:41:25 PDT 2010

  Hi Phil,

I'm replying since I implemented TLS refinement in phenix.refine.
Honestly, I've never done such comparisons, so I can't really comment on
this thoroughly. The ADP refinement in phenix.refine is described here:

http://www.phenix-online.org/newsletter/CCN_2010_07.pdf
starting at page 23 (this is the very latest source), and here (older)

http://www.ccp4.ac.uk/newsletters/newsletter45/articles/Tmax-CCP4_Afonine-Urzhumtsev_2006_arial.pdf

and here (oldest):

http://www.phenix-online.org/papers/ccp4_july_2005_afonine.pdf

and for completeness:

http://journals.iucr.org/d/issues/2005/07/00/gx5040/index.html

I'm happy to further discuss it, see your suggestions and do tests if it
comes to it (although I'm in travel now, and I will return back from UK
and France sometime around Octber 20, so I may not be interactively
responsive during this time). I'm interested in feedback and
constructive suggestions.

Thanks for questions and all the best!
Pavel.