[phenixbb] Merging low resolution mtz file with high resolution sca file with phenix_reflection_file_editor

Nathaniel Echols nechols at lbl.gov
Wed Oct 13 03:41:17 PDT 2010

On Wed, Oct 13, 2010 at 11:34 AM, Thomas C. Terwilliger
<terwilliger at lanl.gov> wrote:
> If you go to the GUI and use phenix.reflection_file_editor you can get a
> similar result if you select
>
> "all columns" from w1.sca, and select "edit arrays" and choose "output
> reflections as" amplitudes"
>
> and you select all the columns from solve_2.mtz EXCEPT FP SIGP
>
> This will yield:
>
> F+ SIGF+ F-SIGF-  from w1.sca

Small correction: you need to set these column labels manually - it
will by default use I+ SIGI+ I- SIGI-, but this will raise an error if
you are converting to amplitudes.  I can change the program behavior
to do this automatically, but it is potentially dangerous (or at least
annoying) if this is done *too* automatically.

-Nat