[phenixbb] Problem with Molprobity analysis in phenix 1.6.4

Pavel Afonine pafonine at lbl.gov
Wed Oct 6 07:37:44 PDT 2010

  Hi Florian,

a paper is coming in next Acta D that will be discussing it to some
(more or less deep) extent:

      Joint X-ray and neutron refinement with /phenix.refine/

      P. V. Afonine, M. Mustyakimov, R. W. Grosse-Kunstleve, N. W.
      Moriarty, P. Langan and P. D. Adams

I hope it will be out in few weeks.

In addition you can have a look:

Acta Cryst. (2010). D66, 12-21
MolProbity: all-atom structure validation for macromolecular crystallography
V. B. Chen, W. B. Arendall III, J. J. Headd, D. A. Keedy, R. M.
Immormino, G. J. Kapral, L. W. Murray, J. S. Richardson and D. C. Richardson

and

J. Appl. Cryst. (2010). 43, 669-676
phenix.model_vs_data: a high-level tool for the calculation of
crystallographic model and data statistics
P. V. Afonine, R. W. Grosse-Kunstleve, V. B. Chen, J. J. Headd, N. W.
Moriarty, J. S. Richardson, D. C. Richardson, A. Urzhumtsev, P. H. Zwart
and P. D. Adams

(especially focusing on section 3.1.5).

Probably we need a specific discussion and investigation on what's
happening at that low (4A) resolution. I've never systematically looked
into it. So you are hitting a bit of a gray area now.

Pavel.