[phenixbb] best strategy using two datasets?

Manoj saxena mks131 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 5 08:43:01 PDT 2010

Hi ,
I have data 2.4 A for a protein ( Se-Met derivative) unit cell dimensions.
53.098,60.207,142.382.
I have used this data to solve the partial structure with phenix.autosol and
phenix.autobuild. The model from this data was then used as MR model in
phaser with another data set from a crystal at 2.2 A   (group P212121 )
.unit cell dimensions are 53.86,61.47,142.49.
Currently my R free is 23%.
My question is
1) Is there a a better way to use the two datasets.
can I merge the reflection files from two datasets and does using a merged
reflection file have an advantage over the strategy  I used.

2) Although not directly related to phenix  I was wondering can we use the
merged reflection file for PDB depositions?

Thanks . I will greatly appreciate any suggestions and guidance in this
regard

Manoj