[phenixbb] Phenix.refine stops running in the background

Andreas Förster docandreas at gmail.com
Mon Oct 4 09:04:16 PDT 2010

simple solution is scheduling your command with at, like so:

at now
 > phenix.command > output
 > CTRL-D

The job will continue when you log off.  The ampersand (&) is not
required.  Make sure to capture the standard output.

Andreas

On 04/10/2010 3:24, José Trincão wrote:
> Hello all,
> I've been running phenix.refine over ssh on a remote computer, on command line. I always run it in the background (adding&  to the command line). If I disconnect the ssh (or it gets disconnected) the job hangs. Any way of leaving it running even after the ssh disconnects?
> Thank you.
>
> Jose
>
> José Trincão, PhD
> CQFB at FCT-UNL
> 2829-516 Caparica, Portugal
>
> "It's very hard to make predictions... especially about the future" - Niels Bohr

         Andreas Förster, Research Associate
         Paul Freemont & Xiaodong Zhang Labs
Department of Biochemistry, Imperial College London
             http://www.msf.bio.ic.ac.uk