[phenixbb] Phenix.refine stops running in the background

Tom Terwilliger terwilliger at lanl.gov
Mon Oct 4 07:38:23 PDT 2010

Hi José,
Try this:

nohup phenix.refine data.mtz model.pdb >& refine.log&

On some systems "nohup" (no-hangup) will tell the system not to quit the job when the connection is terminated.

All the best,
Tom T

On Oct 4, 2010, at 8:24 AM, José Trincão wrote:

> Hello all,
> I've been running phenix.refine over ssh on a remote computer, on command line. I always run it in the background (adding & to the command line). If I disconnect the ssh (or it gets disconnected) the job hangs. Any way of leaving it running even after the ssh disconnects?
> Thank you.
>
> Jose
>
> José Trincão, PhD
> CQFB at FCT-UNL
> 2829-516 Caparica, Portugal
>
> "It's very hard to make predictions... especially about the future" - Niels Bohr

Thomas C. Terwilliger
Mail Stop M888
Los Alamos National Laboratory
Los Alamos, NM 87545

Tel:  505-667-0072                 email: terwilliger at LANL.gov
Fax: 505-665-3024                 SOLVE web site: http://solve.lanl.gov
PHENIX web site: http:www.phenix-online.org
ISFI Integrated Center for Structure and Function Innovation web site: http://techcenter.mbi.ucla.edu
TB Structural Genomics Consortium web site: http://www.doe-mbi.ucla.edu/TB