[phenixbb] sculptor : "Wrong alignment format:"

Nathaniel Echols nechols at lbl.gov
Fri Nov 19 10:32:54 PST 2010

On Fri, Nov 19, 2010 at 10:27 AM, Bryan Lepore <bryanlepore at gmail.com>wrote:

> trouble with alignment format. tried this :
>
> fubar.fas :
> Sorry: Unknown file(s): fubar.fas
>
> fubar.fasta :
> Sorry: Wrong alignment format: fubar.fasta
>
> i compared to one that worked yesterday and its not obvious : first
> sequence is the target, the pdb sequence is in there (somewhere), i
> changed a ">sp" to ">gi"....

The extension ".fas" is not recognized, but ".fasta" should be.  My
experience with the FASTA parser (for simple sequences, at least) is that
it's extremely strict about what is an acceptable format, but that most of
the programs/servers that generate/distribute these files are much looser.
 Could you send me the file (off-list, of course) for debugging?

-Nat