[phenixbb] question on the missing fobs filled maps

Alexandre OURJOUMTSEV sacha at igbmc.fr
Tue Nov 9 00:11:39 PST 2010

Hello,

Continuing and confirmating Pavel's last comments:

yes, we saw a number of practical cases when non-uniformly distributed missed data, even a small percent, caused great map distortions (some example are listed in our manuscript recently submitted to J.Appl.Cryst). To track this situation, recently we have developed a small python-based program that starting from your MTZ file searches for connected regions of such unmeasured reflections, gives their characteristics and visualizes the regions on the user's request. Presence of such regions may make your maps ugly even when the phases are perfect.

      For an official release when ready the program will be available at the Web site of the institute; for a time being if you want to test the current version please send me a mail to

sacha at igbmc.fr

With best regards,

Sacha Urzhumtsev