[phenixbb] moving user home directories

Nathaniel Echols nechols at lbl.gov
Thu Nov 4 11:16:46 PDT 2010

On Wed, Nov 3, 2010 at 2:00 AM, Randy Read <rjr27 at cam.ac.uk> wrote:
> Although having a sysadmin change the location of your home directory is unusual, a much more common problem is buying a new computer and copying your home directory from one to the other.  It can be very difficult (e.g. when going from Linux to Mac or the reverse) to get the same absolute path for your home directory.  So hopefully your project migration tool will allow that too.

Working on it. . . a lot of stuff to clean up before this will behave
reliably, but it's starting to be functional.  Among other things, I'm
going back to text files, but with some extra optimizations for speed.
 I'm also going to make the default file handling more rational along
the way.

If anyone has strong feelings about how the project
management/interfaces in the GUI should (or should not) work, now
would be an excellent time to make them known.  (Comments can be sent
to me directly instead of the list.)

-Nat