[phenixbb] shaking a PDB without introducing clashes

Pavel Afonine PAfonine at lbl.gov
Sun Mar 28 19:13:08 PDT 2010

Hi Francois,

to add to Nat's reply:

- you can also apply a systematic shift to the model by
rotating+translating it:

phenix.pdbtools model.pdb rotate="10 20 30" translate="1 2 3"

- you can run SA "refinement" w/o X-ray term:

phenix.refine model.pdb fake_data.mtz simulated_annealing=true
main.bulk_solvent=false main.number_of_macro_cycles=10
output.prefix=distorted_model strategy=individual_sites

My plan is to add a command line tool called phenix.fake_model_and_data
that will create a model and corresponding fake data that will look like
a real data and no-one could say that it is a fake data -:) To be
available soon!

All the best!
Pavel.