[phenixbb] h_bonds restraints

Maia Cherney chern at ualberta.ca
Sat Mar 27 16:36:18 PDT 2010

Hi Pavel,
I have done the things that you suggested, and I have all the restraints
for the Mg2+ and I see those 2 waters, but they are at 2.12A distance. I
think there should be some general restraints that should keep h_bonds
at least at > 2.2A.
That is why I asked you about those defaults (1.8A etc). Why are they at
1.8A? Should not they be at least at 2.2A?
Maia

Pavel Afonine wrote:
> Hi Maia,
>
> I assume that these waters are already present in your structure.
>
> Then run
> phenix.phenix.metal_coordination model.pdb
>
> That will create a restraints file for you Mg2+. Edit it, if
> necessary, to satisfy your expectations. These two waters should be
> there.
>
> Run phenix.refine and give it that restraints file. If you run
> phenix.refine with "ordered_solvent=true" option, then phenix.refine
> may or may not remove these two waters. If you absolutely need to keep
> these waters, run phenix.refine with "ordered_solvent=true" untill the
> last moment, then add two waters and run it again with
> "ordered_solvent=false". Something like this...
>
> Pavel.
>

> On 3/27/10 3:50 PM, Maia Cherney wrote:
>> Hi Pavel,
>>
>> I have 2 important waters at 2.12 A distance after refinement. They
>> are ligands of Mg2+. How can I restrain this distance to 2.3A (to
>> pass pdb validation)? Is it in the ordered solvent that I need to
>> change the default
>>    h_bond_min_mac = 1.8
>>    h_bond_min_sol = 1.8
>>    h_bond_max = 3.2
>>
>> Maia
>>
>> Pavel Afonine wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> phenix.refine removes F-obs outliers for refinement. See .log file
>>> for the number of such reflections. Also, it automatically removes