[phenixbb] simulated annealing

Pavel Afonine PAfonine at lbl.gov
Sat Jun 19 10:56:41 PDT 2010

Hi All,

from  what I see on this conversation for the last couple of days:

- I'm almost certain that there is something weird about the PDB file;

- I don't think that the high start SA temperature causes the problem.
For some (unknown to me) reasons the SA code in PHENIX is very tolerant
to super high start temperatures. At some point I tried 100000K or so
and nothing bad happened.

If you really want us to debug this issue then the only way to do so is
to send us enough of the inputs so we can reproduce this problems,
explain what's happening and fix it.

Necessary inputs include:
- PDB file;
- data file;
- parameter file (if any);
- the command you used (and that results in problem).

Don't send these files to the whole phenixbb, but you can send them to
my email directly and I will take care of it.

Also, it would be helpful if you explain what you are trying to achieve
by running SA with such as hight start temperature. Just in case I might
be able to suggest a better way of doing that...

Thanks!
Pavel.