[phenixbb] B-factor map sharpening

Pavel Afonine PAfonine at lbl.gov
Tue Jun 15 08:10:50 PDT 2010

Hi Everyone,

just a quick notice: the most recent version of PHENIX

http://www.phenix-online.org/download/nightly_builds.cgi

has an option for electron density map sharpening which might be
important for low resolution maps improvement.

This is available from the command line

phenix.maps

and from the GUI as well.

The optimal B-factor sharpening value is determined automatically
although the user can provide his/her own value.

The above tools allow you to compute any amount of maps, so I would
recommend computing at least two: regular amp and B-factors sharpened.

This is a new option so I would appreciate any feedback from those who
got interested and tried it. Please let me know any bugs (should you
find any) or any suggestions.