[phenixbb] segmentation fault

jens j birktoft jens.knold at gmail.com
Tue Jun 1 08:57:51 PDT 2010

Nat:

Thanks, Yes, I am running FC12. For what ever it is worth, the installation
works fine with FC11 (32 BIT)

Any plans to restore the previous installation procedure.  Otherwise the
regular, frequent updating becomes a much more tedious and time consuming
process.

Best,

Jens

On Tue, Jun 1, 2010 at 10:26, Nathaniel Echols <nechols at lbl.gov> wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 1, 2010 at 7:18 AM, jens j birktoft <jb160 at nyu.edu> wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Trying to install nightly release 421 fails, giving the following error
>>
>> OS is  2.6.32.12-115.fc12.x86_64
>>
>> Installation of previous versions have worked without problems,  no
>> changes (kernel updates etc) has been made to the OS
>>
>> . . .
>>
>> /My_Downloads/PHENIX/phenix-installer-dev-421_64bit/bin/install-from-binary:
>> line 347:  3735 Segmentation fault      (core dumped)
>> $PHENIX_BUILD/base/bin/python $PHENIX_LOC/cctbx_project/libtbx/configure.py
>>

> Again, you'll need to try installing from source.  I'm a little worried
> that we've switched back to the older build system and we're still seeing
> this error, however.  I take it you're running Fedora Core 12?
>
> -Nat

Jens J. Birktoft
e-mail: jens.knold at gmail.com
slow-mail: 350 Central Park West, Suite 9F, New York, NY 10025
Phone: 212-749-5057 for ALL calls