[phenixbb] Reflection file conversion

Nate Nicely neeltgen at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 19 09:29:27 PST 2010

I use d*TREK to reduce my data and phenix.reflection_file_converter to import the data.  I seem to have had a bit of trouble generating the free R flags.  It seems that the cap for the max number of free R reflections takes precedence over the percentage, even when the percentage is given expressly on the command line.  I find myself setting the cap artificially high on the command line so that a full 10% is set aside.

I was taught to set aside 10% for the free R set, only going lower if setting aside the full 10% compromised completeness.  I'm just wondering what is the rationale for the numeric cap?  Am I making any error(s) with my methodology?

Nate N