[phenixbb] Where is phenix.refine finding starting r values?

Pavel Afonine PAfonine at lbl.gov
Mon Jan 18 23:12:50 PST 2010

Hi Aaron,

this is because Refmac reports residual B-factors in ATOM records and
the TLS component is stored in PDB file header that is ignored when you
run phenix.refine (slides #30-36):
http://www.phenix-online.org/presentations/neutron_japan_2009/phenix_japan_part1.pdf

It is not a problem if you run an equivalent refinement in
phenix.refine, since within a macro-cycle or two it will be equilibrated.

Pavel.