[phenixbb] weights optimization, add hydrogens

Schubert, Carsten [PRDUS] CSCHUBER at its.jnj.com
Tue Feb 23 12:58:46 PST 2010

phenix.reduce does generate "old-style" hydrogens if the proper options are used, ie.
phenix.reduce in.pdb -BUILD -OLDpdb > out.pdb
The hydrogens are compatible with coot v0.5 and v0.6 for hydrogens attached to standard protein residues.

I agree that stripping the hydrogens and regeneration after rebuilding/mutation and prior to refinement is the safest path for now until better support is implemented.

Cheers,

	Carsten