[phenixbb] iMosflm .mtz

Graeme Winter graeme.winter at googlemail.com
Thu Feb 11 06:02:02 PST 2010

Dear Anon,

The data need to be scaled before they can be used in downstream
analysis, so exactly as you have found it is necessary to run Scala on
the measurements before running Autosol.

Although the output format from iMosflm is MTZ, the column structure
is not what phenix expects - as much as anything, the partial
measurements from adjacent images have not been combined.

You will probably find if you want to get in to Phenix quickly that
taking the MTZ from iMosflm and running pointless and Scala with the
defaults will do a reasonable job, though the output from both are
very helpful and informative and your time is well spent taking a
look.

Best wishes,

Graeme