[phenixbb] data used in refinement

Karolina Michalska dziuba at amu.edu.pl
Mon Feb 1 03:18:24 PST 2010

Hi all,

I have a question concerning number of reflections used in refinement. In
the phenix.refine log I can find a table saying that there are 34314
reflections in a work set and 1104 in a free set. This is in agreement
with what Refmac prints out to pdb file under REMARK 3 (DATA USED IN
REFINEMENT). However, the same remark in the pdb file produced by
phenix.refine says there are 35404, which is neither a work set nor a
sum of work and test sets. It is almost the latter option but still 14
reflections are missing and I cannot find in the log file what happened
with them. Can anyone help me here?

Karolina