[phenixbb] How to resolve "Conflicting scattering type symbols" error

Andrew T. Torelli att29 at cornell.edu
Tue Dec 21 08:19:32 PST 2010

Hi Ralf,

	I believe correcting the spacing as you suggested did the trick.  May I suggest changing the error message output slightly to read something like:

[snip]
	Actual symbol: 		"  F" (from pdb element column)
	Expected/New symbol:	" FE" (with residue name SF4)
[/snip]

By including actual white spaces within quotations the error message will clue the user in to the fact that the spacing is off in their .pdb file (as it was for me).  Maybe you could also include an explicit reminder that the spacing is critical and should be checked.  Also, the Actual/Expected terminology seems more logical to me than Initial/New.  Just a friendly suggestion.

Thanks for your help and have a nice holiday,
-Andy Torelli