[phenixbb] reflection outliers detection in phenix.refine

guanrj at foxmail.com guanrj at foxmail.com
Wed Dec 8 12:47:31 PST 2010

Thank you, Pavel.

I am not clear about "model_based_outliers"; I searched phenix.refine documentation
but did not find anything. Is it based on my structure model?
I will look at the paper you suggested.

By the way, "main.outliers_rejection=False" can also keep those model_based_outliers?
http://www.phenix-online.org/documentation/refinement.htm did not mention this type
of outliers:
outliers_rejection= True Remove basic wilson outliers , extreme wilson
                          outliers , and beamstop shadow outliers

Thanks

Rongjin

= = = = = = = = On 2010-12-08 15:28:59 You wrote = = = = = = = =
Rongjin,

outliers detection and rejection was inspired by this paper
R.Read, Acta Cryst. (1999). D55, 1759-1764.

and the paper by R.Agarwal's (197?/198?) mentions this too.

You can always turn this off using "main.outliers_rejection=False" if you believe it's necessary.

It's probably the quality of your data that causes the amount of outliers you quote.

Pavel.