[phenixbb] Multistart simulated annealing refinement

Pavel Afonine pafonine at lbl.gov
Wed Dec 8 11:03:47 PST 2010

  Hi Joe,

to do this you can simply compose a script in whatever language you
prefer, which prototype looks like this:

for random_seed in random_seeds:
    phenix.refine model.pdb data.mtz main.simulated_annealing=true
main.random_seed=random_seed output.prefix=str(random_seed)

where random_seeds is the array of random seeds, containing ~100 elements.

If you have multiple CPUs then you can obviously split it among them.

I'm not sure we have GUI for this and I guess this kind of task is best
run from the command line anyway.

Pavel.