[phenixbb] Failed to carry out AutoSol_scale_and_analyze_mad: None of the solve versions worked

Gino Cingolani Gino.Cingolani at jefferson.edu
Tue Aug 17 09:54:51 PDT 2010

Hi All,

I came back from synchrotron with some good SAD/MAD data.
Running some quick autosolve jobs at the beamline already gave interesting Se-mets peaks. At the beamline they use an old version of Phenix (1.3.... I believe).

Strangely, at home my latest version of Phenix finds absolutely nothing and quickly end with the following error message:

Failed to carry out AutoSol_scale_and_analyze_mad:

None of the solve versions worked

To test is the problem is in our data, I quickly re-run 3 old mad/sad datasets of structures previously solved in the lab
using the old (good) Solve and/or older Phenix versions.
Sadly, all SAD/MAD searches quickly end with the same error message.

I then tested the 'p9_se_w2.sca' that comes with Phenix.. and once again the same premature failure.

Is there something wrong with my Phenix?
I'm using version 1.6.4-486 on an XPS 420 Quad running Ubuntu 10.04.

Thanks,

Gino

PS everything else in Phenix seems to work (e.g. refinement, validation, elbow, utilities, etc.)

Gino Cingolani, Ph.D.
Associate Professor
Thomas Jefferson University
Dept. of Biochemistry & Molecular Biology
233 South 10th Street - Room 826
Philadelphia PA 19107
Office (215) 503 4573
Lab    (215) 503 4595
Fax    (215) 923 2117
E-mail:   gino.cingolani at jefferson.edu
"Nati non foste per viver come bruti, ma per seguir virtute e canoscenza"
("You were not born to live like brutes, but to follow virtue and knowledge")
Dante, The Divine Comedy (Inferno,  XXVI, vv. 119-120)