[phenixbb] coot links on Mac -> Possible MR solution

Vellieux Frederic Frederic.Vellieux at ibs.fr
Mon Aug 2 02:40:04 PDT 2010

Hi,

Usually the data integration software lets you have several
possibilities concerning the space group (at the level of the
determination of the Bravais lattice, and later for the analysis of the
specific extinctions). It worthwhile checking out all possibilities.

I recently had a case where the auto-indexing provided the following:
mC 0.1
oC 2.5
hP 4.1

P1 removed from the list.

I did check everything out, and it turned out that the space group was
P6(1). High Rsym values can be due to improper space group assignment.
Sometimes space group specific extinctions are not that clear (or the
data simply have not been recorded or cannot be processed, for example
when the axis is parallel to the rotation axis).

Fred.