[phenixbb] NCS problems using phenix GUI on a Mac

John Pascal John.Pascal at mail.jci.tju.edu
Wed Apr 28 11:06:27 PDT 2010

Hello,

I am having difficulties defining NCS parameters using the GUI
interface (Mac 10.4.11; phenix 1.6-289).

Phenix will automatically select NCS restraint groups and use them
during refinement.  But if I edit the automated selections to my
liking then click on Update and Save, the refinement runs with the
original parameters unedited.  I have tried reading in a ncs.param
file, but it does not get read during the refinement run.  Also, an
intermittent problem with this GUI is that I am not allowed to "Add"
a new restraint group.  When I click this button, it just clears out
the selections on the last group, and does not add a new group.  Any
ideas?

Thanks.

Best,
John

--
John Pascal, PhD                       ph 215.503.4596
Assistant Professor                    fx 215.923.2117