[phenixbb] Phenix.refine in WinXP?

Dima Klenchin klenchin at wisc.edu
Wed Apr 21 13:10:39 PDT 2010

Now that Phenix has a nice GUI and all that, will there ever be a Windows
version?

And a similar question: has anyone managed to get phenix.refine from
cci_apps for Win32 distribution running? I can't seem to make it run:

1. Installer says run \cci_apps_build\setpaths.bat
The script produces an error:
Fatal Error: Incomplete libtbx environment\!
Please re-run the libtbx/configure.py command.

2. configure.py is found in two places:
\cci_apps_sources\libtbx\configure.py
\cci_apps_sources\libtbx\command_line\configure.py
When I run either of them with command
         python configure.py
I get an error "ImportError: No module named libtbx.env_config"

3. There is no file libtbx.env_config anywhere in the installation. There
is file \cci_apps_build\libtbx_env. Placing it in the same directory with
configure.py does not help. Even renaming libtbx_env. to libtbx.env_config
and running "python configure.py" still gives an error "No module named
libtbx.env_config" (?)

4. If I just run phenix.refine executable from its directory, it stops with
en error:
   File "c:\cci_apps_sources\mmtbx\secondary_structure.py", line 941, in
run_ksdssp_direct
     raise RuntimeError, "KSDSSP not available"
RuntimeError: KSDSSP not available

Thanks in advance for any help! I am comfortable setting any environmental
variables manually - just need to know what they should be.

Dima