[phenixbb] model vs Wilson b-factor

Raja Dey rdey at usc.edu
Wed Apr 21 11:19:45 PDT 2010

Hi,
    I recently refined a structure at 3.7 A resolution using PHENIX and I got the following result.

R/R(free)                   rmsd in bond/angle     B(ave)                        Outliers in
                                                                                                       Ramachandran

0.2436/0.2822          0.011/0.920                  260.12                         1.23%

With different trials I found the B(ave) to vary between 230 to 280. Is this B(ave) is ok for pdb submission?  What options I should try to reduce B(ave). Is there any chart showing acceptable range of B(ave) at different resolutions?

Thanks...

Raja