[phenixbb] Bad ligand parameters

Joe Krahn krahn at niehs.nih.gov
Mon Sep 28 16:18:10 PDT 2009

GeoStd seems not to have an files. Is it only available via SVN for now?

The GeoStd parameters still need some work. The equivalent hydroxyls are
not symmetric. One of the dihedrals has a base angle of -175.0 instead
of 180 (or +/-60). One has an esd of 30.0, and the others have an esd of
20.0. The hydrogen ESDs also seem a bit too tight, and probably should
have a periodicity of 3.

They are an improvement, but I don't think automated parameterization
will ever be perfect.

Joe