[phenixbb] R-free flags not compatible with F-obs array

Pavel Afonine PAfonine at lbl.gov
Fri Sep 25 11:06:40 PDT 2009

Hi Maia,

if you got a new fobs data file, where does the new array of free-R
flags come from?

If you are using the old one, are you sure that the set of Miller
indices (hkl) in the old free-R flags array is exactly the same as the
set of Miller indices corresponding to the new fobs? I guess the root of
the problems is here. That is there is no one-to-one correspondence
between {h,k,l}_fobs<->{h,k,l}_flags... there may be a few extra or
missing reflections, so you get the mismatch.

Pavel.