[phenixbb] supported compilers for source builds

Ben Eisenbraun bene at crystal.harvard.edu
Tue Sep 22 12:25:19 PDT 2009

Hi Ralf,

> If you have ifort 9.1 on path when you run the phenix "install" command
> your build will be as efficient as the one we make.
>
> Newer ifort versions are not supported due to difficulties linking
> with the C++ runtime (the latest CCP4 libs used by solve/resolve
> employ the mmdb C++ code even if used from Fortran).

Interesting.  I think I have my 9.1 tarballs around somewhere.  Is this
true for both linux and OS X?

Also, what do you use as a baseline for benchmarking?  One of the
phenix.run_example options?

-ben

--
| Ben Eisenbraun                              | Software Sysadmin      |
| Structural Biology Grid                     | http://sbgrid.org      |