[phenixbb] : low resolution phasing

r n ramme29 at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 22 08:51:24 PDT 2009

Hi all
I did phased small protein using SAD at 3.5 Ang data and able to build around 80 residues  as alanine and missing other half. So I do have a partial model and tried to used that to
and combine with experimental phase and resulting map is not better than the experimental map alone.

I do have other native data set slightly better resolution with different space group. I know
my partial model is not enough to get any phase information in these data set.

Is it any possibility in phenix to improve the phase that I could help to model further?

Any suggestions will be appreciated
thanks
venkat