[phenixbb] supported compilers for source builds

Ben Eisenbraun bene at crystal.harvard.edu
Tue Sep 22 07:37:06 PDT 2009

For compiling PHENIX from source, what are the supported compilers?
Are the Intel or Portland compilers supported?

There are notes in the list archives about using OpenMP with gcc, and hints
that the Intel compiler is supported, but I didn't see any docs on building
with icc/ifort.

In one email Ralf mentions that you might actually lose performance
compiling your own version of Solve/Resolve because gfortran optimizes
poorly, which leads me to think that the distributed binaries are using
ifort for at least the Solve/Resolve bits.

Did I overlook some notes on how to do this?

-ben

--
| Ben Eisenbraun                              | Software Sysadmin      |
| Structural Biology Grid                     | http://sbgrid.org      |