[phenixbb] running phenix in the background

Donnie Berkholz dberkholz at gentoo.org
Thu Sep 17 20:06:15 PDT 2009

On 12:27 Thu 17 Sep     , Maia Cherney wrote:
> I noticed that if you run phenix in the background, you cannot close the
> terminal. Otherwise, the job stops. I want to run a job remotely in the
> background and then put my computer to sleep. Did not work. The remote
> job stopped when I put my computer to sleep.

Maia,

If you don't want to get involved with using screen, you could just
enclose your command in parentheses, like this (shown for bash shell):

   (phenix.refine > output.log 2>&1 &)

This will run it in a new subshell instead of the shell that is quit
when you close the terminal window.

--
Thanks,
Donnie