[phenixbb] running phenix in the background

Maia Cherney chern at ualberta.ca
Thu Sep 17 12:13:39 PDT 2009

I run phenix from home on machines at work. Some jobs take a lot of time
and I want to put my home computer to sleep.
 Will the nohup or screen help me? How to use them?
I have an ubuntou linux at home and at work. Phenix.refine stopped when
I put the job in the background and closed the terminal and put my home
computer to sleep.
Interestingly, the remote job did not stop at once, it ran a bit longer
and stopped later.  I will check again about the way I logged out of the
remote session.