[phenixbb] Problem with modified cysteine CME

Pavel Afonine PAfonine at lbl.gov
Wed Sep 16 13:36:42 PDT 2009

Hi Kendall,

the original Monomer Library contains lots of useless for refinement
entries: for example, those that do not contain energy types, etc. At
some point Ralf went ahead and cleaned the copy of Monomer Library that
is used in PHENIX.

So, if you see something in the original CCP4 MonLib and at the same
time it is not present in PHENIX copy of MonLib, that most likely means
that there was something not right with the CIF file and it was removed.

Anyway, the solution for you is to run phenix.ready_set:

phenix.ready_set model.pdb

The above command will create the CIF file that you can use in
refinement. It will also add H atoms to your model (xxx.updated.pdb file).

Pavel.