[phenixbb] low resolution map

Pei-Chun Lin pclin at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 16 11:51:39 PDT 2009

Hi, all

I have a similar question.

I have spent several months working on a MAD data (3.5 Ang) and already build 70% of the model (R/Rfree=30/40).
Recently, I collected two dataset (pk and infl, both 3.1 Ang) from single point mutation, and native data(3.3 Ang).
I first tried to use phenix autosol to generate a new map by using point mutation dataset,
but failed to generate a reasonable map for unknown reason (phenix complained different cell dimensions)

Now I am thinking to combine all data I have (although I don't know if this make sense to you) like this:

phenix.autobuild data=resolve_3.5Ang.mtz
hires_file=3.1Ang_pk.sca
hires_file=3.1Ang_inf.sca
hires_file=3.3Ang_native.sca
model=partial_model.pdb
seq_file=seq.dat

Can I use three hires command? Does this make sense to you all?

Any suggestion will be helpful to me since this my first structure and it is 3.5 Ang!

PC