[phenixbb] Phaser-Gui question

Nathaniel Echols NEchols at lbl.gov
Fri Sep 11 10:12:12 PDT 2009

On Sep 11, 2009, at 3:32 AM, Jonathan Grimes wrote:
>  As a late developer I have recently started to use the
>  new GUI.  Its very impressive but what I would like to
>  do is to fire off a number of jobs to vary parameters
>   say in refinement or auto-rebuilding.
>  I havent been able to work out how to submit multiple jobs
>  via the same configuration tab window.

This isn't currently possible.  Unfortunately, it's also a little
difficult to change right now, since we're trying to stabilize
everything for a 1.5 release and it would require re-arranging large
chunks of code.  We'll keep it in mind for future versions - I've
heard similar requests before.

For now, the phenix.refine GUI now supports saving default parameters
for a project, which will automatically load whenever you start the
GUI.  So once you settle on the basic parameters (reflections,
restraints, atom selections, etc.), you can make those the default,
and open as many windows as you need and the parameters will be
identical except where you change them.  (The PDB file, of course,
needs to be re-loaded each time.)  This isn't quite what you're asking
for but will save some time.

-Nat

Nathaniel Echols
Lawrence Berkeley Lab