[phenixbb] Ligandfit problems with ligand geometry

Thomas C. Terwilliger terwilliger at lanl.gov
Thu Sep 10 11:56:52 PDT 2009

Hi Kendall,
No, ligandfit finds the core of your ligand, then traces the remainder,
rotating torsion angles for the ligand using a simple algorithm.  It does
this several times, and the pieces are stitched together.  No refinement
is done. This can yield poor geometry as you found. The best solution is
to then refine the model+ligand together. Usually that will take care of
the poor ligand geometry.
All the best,
Tom T