[phenixbb] Phenix crashes

Katya Heldwein Katya.Heldwein at tufts.edu
Wed Sep 9 09:02:36 PDT 2009

Hi,

I am running phenix-1.4-159 on an Intel Mac. I get the following error:

Bus error (Python call stack above)
                This crash may be due to a problem in any imported
                Python module, including modules which are not part
                of the cctbx project. To disable the traps leading
                to this message, define these environment variables
                (e.g. assign the value 1):
                    BOOST_ADAPTBX_FPE_DEFAULT
                    BOOST_ADAPTBX_SIGNALS_DEFAULT
                This will NOT solve the problem, just mask it, but
                may allow you to proceed in case it is not critical.

If I fix it by

setenv BOOST_ADAPTBX_FPE_DEFAULT 1

I still get the same error.

If I also do

setenv BOOST_ADAPTBX_SIGNALS_DEFAULT 1

I don't get the error but phenix crashes nonetheless.

How do I get around this problem?

Thanks,

Katya