[phenixbb] question about pick water in autobuild

Pavel Afonine PAfonine at lbl.gov
Sun Sep 6 22:45:37 PDT 2009

Hi,

I hope Tom gives you the answer about how to stop water picking in
autobuild.

 From my side, I'm wondering why it bothers you (I'm not saying that not
working option is good)? Why don't you consider those waters as a tool
for improving your map? You are free to remove any of them them later
on. This can be viewed as a prototype of what ARP/wARP does, or other
"density growing" techniques... In your case you just temporarily place
waters where the model is still absent, and when you build those missing
places just consider waters as density peaks (I hope model building
programs assume waters as just density peaks and remove waters if they
are on the macromolecule's way). On the other hand, model incompleteness
may make the map ugly even for relatively well defined places.

Pavel.